Since 1962, Westgate-Westside Athletic Association (WWAA) has been providing youth in the Omaha community with organized baseball and softball leagues to learn and develop sportsmanship, teamwork, fair play, and baseball and softball skills. We are a non-profit organization that serves youths from the Westside neighborhoods and throughout Omaha.
WWAA plays its home games on fields located south of Interstate 80 at 84th Street (You can see them from the interstate). These fields are owned and operated by the West Omaha Baseball Foundation.
Additional League Information
- Recreational level baseball and softball for players ages 4 to 18 (See League Descriptions below)
- WWAA plays on some of the best fields in the Omaha area
- Conveniently located with easy access from Interstate-80 and 84th Street
- Professionally maintained and set-up for games
- Agra-lime infields, which provide a smooth playing surface and minimizes rain-outs
- Professional umpires from the Metro Area Umpires Association are utilized for all competitive league games
- Season runs from late April until the end of June (practices typically start in early April)
- All-Star tournaments typically begin after the 4th of July
- PONY Baseball rules utilized (Baseball sanctioned by PONY)
- Age appropriate lead-off and stealing allowed in the competitive leagues
- Scholarship program available
- WWAA has a long standing tradition of having an opening day parade that begins at Westgate Elementary School and ends at the ball fields and the opening day ceremonies.